Veteran of the Day has been a tradition on VA’s social media pages for more than two years now. Each post gets thousands of views, likes, comments and shares. Since this is a daily publication, we’re always in need for great nominations. If you know a Veteran who deserves to be recognized, please refer to this guide to nominate them.
#VeteranOfTheDay works best with 3-5 good photos — at least one of them should be in uniform. The bigger, the better, and good resolution is important. Consider scanning a physical photo if you do not have a digital copy readily available. Send the photos with the following information:
- Name, branch, occupation, and years of service (Timothy “Tim” Lawson, Marines, 6672 Aviation Supply, 2006 to 2011)
- Tours, deployments, and campaigns (OIF, OEF, Vietnam, Gulf War, etc.)
- Notable awards (Purple heart, Bronze star, NAM, Army Achievement, etc.)
- Current geographic location (so we can localize the story and promote to the community)
- Bonus info includes what they’re doing now, significant moment(s) during their service and other unique information.
You can send all of the material to email@example.com. In the subject line, put “[Veteran’s name] for Veteran of the Day.” It is important that you include as much of the requested material as possible, as it is necessary to complete and publish a Veteran of the Day.
Every Veteran is worthy of recognition. They do not need to meet any other criteria other than having honorably served their country.
Thank you for contributing to this important daily tradition.Tags: social media
This post was written by teresamankin