Applications are available now at www.OregonStudentAid.gov
The Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC) is pleased to announce the State of Oregon is now accepting applications through November 1, 2018 for the Oregon National Guard State Tuition Assistance (ONG-STA) grant This new grant program provides funds for tuition at Oregon community colleges and public universities for current eligible service members of the Oregon Army National Guard and the Oregon Air National Guard. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to benefit from this grant for winter term. Please be aware of the upcoming deadline of March 1, 2019 for spring term.
The Legislature passed House Bill 4035 in 2018 authorizing the HECC to administer $2.5 million in grants to Oregon National Guard service members attending Oregon community colleges or public universities. The Oregon National Guard State Tuition Assistance grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until all available funds are used. The grant is a “last dollar” program, meaning it is calculated after other state and federal grants for which eligible students qualify.
To apply, prospective students must:
- Create a Student Profile with the Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC)
- Complete an Oregon National Guard State Tuition Assistance Program application
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Army Requirement: Apply for Federal Tuition Assistance and provide a copy of your TA authorization form to your school’s business office
- Air AGR Requirement: Complete a Military Tuition Assistance (MilTA) Request, requires Common Access Card (CAC) login (This one is for Active Air Guard Reserve, regular Air Guard doesn’t have to complete this step as they don’t have access.)
Eligible service members must at a minimum:
- Complete any military basic training
- Have a current passing Annual Physical Fitness Test score (APFT)
- Be in good standing with their unit
- Not have achieved a baccalaureate degree or higher
- Not be in default of any federal loans
For a full list of eligibility requirements, to apply for ONG-STA, and for more information, please visit the HECC Office of Student Access and Completion website: https://oregonstudentaid.gov/
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Dr. Lori Ellis at 541-687-7471 or email@example.com.
-JHTags: Army veteran, benefits, education, homeless veterans, Navy veteran, Oregon, scholarships, tuition grants, veterans
This post was written by teresamankin